Just poking my head in super quick...

Thanks for the awesome feedback, as always.

When you think about it, Ann, I agree that the idea of rocks traveling all the way to Earth is a little far fetched, but that is canon, so I figure I can get away with it.

When Kal says he doesn't understand enough of the science to explain it to Lois, that was a lot of me talking through the character. The one Physics class I took in high school was more than enough for me, and even that little bit of knowledge has been pushed far out of my brain.

The way I imagine it, there would be some sort of shield built into the ship to protect it from the explosion of the planet, plus any random space junk. I'm imagining some sort of bubble force-field thing. If the rocks somehow got caught in the bubble, they would be taken along for the ride until the ship passed through Earth's atmosphere, where the shield would be deactivated or something.

Anyway, that's my over imaginative mind thinking and I might be totally out to lunch. I just figured that the rocks must have gotten there somehow, and so I might as well take a few liberties with it. If I'm totally out to lunch, then maybe I can tinker that part a bit.

Okay, off to finish my paper, study for my final, and pack up all my stuff. Bob, I'm posting parts as soon as I'm writing them. Unfortunately, my muse was sacrificed to the Drama gods last term, which killed my buffer. But it's coming back slowly (the muse, that is) so I'll finish this up as soon as I can.