Everything here is state-of-the-art. The best available.”

The corner of Kal’s mouth twitched as he sat down at an empty desk close to Lois’.

“What?” Lois asked.

“Nothing.”

“No, it’s something. You’re laughing. What are you laughing at?”

“*This* is the best computer technology available on Earth?” He ran a few fingers across the keyboard.

“Yes,” Lois replied defensively.

“Okay,” Kal nodded. The corner of his mouth lifted higher, stretching his face into a pronounced smirk.

“Let me guess, Kryptonians had mindreading holographs or something.”

“You saw the globe,” Kal shrugged. “That should give you an idea of what Kryptonian technology is capable of. Let’s just say that to me, this looks like something Frank Flintstone would use.”
This part had me laughing out loud. It's so true! And one of the things you get when you do a "Kal coming to Earth as an adult" fic.

Reminds me of a line from that great "Star Trek" episode, "The City on the Edge of Forever":

Spock: "Captain, you are asking me to construct a mnemonic circuit with the equivalent of stone knives and bearskins." (of course he does it successfully.)

Lois, in humanity's defense, tell him that Earth is just entering its computer age, and we've only had computers for about a generation! When we have thousands of years of technology behind them like Krypton did, then we'll have the mindreading holograms too!

(Although I'm still waiting for the tricorders.)

Mike Peters, the awesome cartoonist, did a great one-panel about
evolving technology! (Tried to paste in the actual cartoon here, but couldn't do it.)