MDL - This is an interesting premise. I'm interested in the family dynamics going on here.

I agree that Jonathan doesn't normally stand out like Martha does. But yes, he is a rock for Clark, and he is also a rock for Martha. So, now Martha doesn't have her rock (Jonathan) and Clark can't really lean on either of his parents, who are normally the rocks for him. And Lois has a chance to give Clark the support that he needs, which is a reversal for the two of them as well. Very interesting. thumbsup

I love how Clark is using his x-ray vision to check on his dad. And I find it interesting that he was willing to wait to travel with Lois. That says something, and she's already caught it.

As far as the transporation issue goes, if you're going to revise for the archives, someone flying from a big Eastern city to a small Midwestern town would have to do one of two things: fly direct to the closest major city and drive for two or three hours or more (which seems to be what they did in GGGOH) or take a connecting flight from the Midwest big city to the nearest smaller city and then drive an hour or two. I'm in northern Indiana. We have to drive to South Bend, then connect through Clevelend, Cincinnati, Detroit, or Chicago to get anywhere on either coast. However, you can get direct flights from South Bend to Orlando or Las Vegas. Go figure. smile Just FYI, though. Obviously not a big deal for the character stuff. Just one of those details that might feel a little off for a reader who knows small town life. Another little detail which might add even more to the tension of the airport scene is that if there were a flight and L & C missed it, the next one might have been the next day. If you miss the 5:30 p.m. flight from Cleveland to South Bend, you're stuck until 9:00 the next morning.

Looking forward to the next part. laugh

This *is* my happily ever after.