However, I will disagree with Sara. I don't think it's right to divorce lightly, although I'm not nearly as strict about it as Sara seems to be. For example, when Lois is married to Lex (who pulled the wool over her eyes and deceived her about the kind of man he really is), I don't give two hoots about her 'responsibility' to honour her marriage to him. I don't think she has any such responsibility in the first place, given Lex's character. Admittedly, when she is married to a likable guy like Joe or Chad, then divorce isn't something she should consider lightly.

But the circumstances in this fic are extreme. This Lois and this Clark are married to each other, only not in this universe. This Clark and this Lana, however, have never been married to each other.
I could be wrong, Ann but it seems to me that you think that I believe OTOH Clark divorcing Lana would be unacceptable. I don't.

Like you had said, these are extreme circumstances. This Clark NEVER made vows to Lana. And Lois is pregnant, which means he needs to support her. He's going to have a harder time doing that if he's still married to Lana.

What I was saying was that the Clark that DID marry Lana shouldn't divorce Lana. (Assuming they can get back to the correct universes in time.) They will probably have problems, because he has been to a universe where he is married to someone else with two kids. And unlike Lois and Clark, HIS wife isn't with him.

But I still think they should give their marriage a chance. Some people seem to think the Clark that is married to Lana would see how great it was to be married to Lois and have children with her that he will come back and want to divorce. THAT is what I disagree with.