Yes, Shayne, another excellent chapter.

so, the machine in France is turned off, and the anomalies won't show up again unless they're triggered from the other side. But that doesn't explain where those extinct crustaceans came from, not to mention the passenger pigeons. That means that either the rifts cross both space and time, or they're joining this world with random other worlds (or dimensions), and it's unlikely that the "other world" would be triggering the same type of events. If that were the case, then these rifts would have been showing up long before now.

However, the "reaching across time" part of my conjecture might mean that they can send Clark back with the plane and its passengers to the moment he first crossed over. Superman can make his debut, Lois can be on the plane with Lucy, and Clark can set the plane down short of the runway but safe so Lois can make her escape in the confusion.

Of course, that leaves two hundred people with the knowledge that Clark is Superman, but maybe he should just go public anyway. Lana won't like that, but by now it's clear that Clark isn't even thinking about her any more. Whatever Lana wants, Lana isn't getting, not in this reality.

I don't think Clark would be able to do his "super" job under the political situation you've outlined in your story. And I sincerely doubt that Lois will want to stay, especially if she thinks she has any kind of chance to regain her family and make a real difference in her new world.

I'm sure Clark would be willing to help her get re-settled. Right in his living room. Lois would probably be willing to contribute to Lana's airfare back to Smallville, too.

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing