As for the mystery aspect, we're going to get quite a few new clues in the next part. I have this really bad habit of dropping really obvious hints until people get what I'm taking about, but here online it works good because I can just delete all the really obvious things I say. And I always find that something that seems really blunt to me isn't always that way for readers who don't know what's going on inside my kooky head. I really thought I had let the cat out of the bag during the very first part with that mysterious 3rd person narrator. But so far, no one's brought the thing that I thought they would. Or maybe they noticed it right away and didn't say anything because they didn't want to spoil my delusion that I was actually fooling anyone.
Huh, what are you talking about? Blunt clues really? I can't believe I've missed those! Now you got me paranoyed, I'm gonna have to go back to the beginning of the story and read everything again. It's your fault, you distracted me with all that kissing and being caught thing!