“Oh, they hate each other,” I told him. “They’ve been fighting ever since the moment they met.”

“Really?” he asked, surprised. “I didn’t think they seemed too bad together.”
lol

As for the seven months thing... well, there's already been some hints about that earlier in the story. wink And we'll out soon enough who's behind it.
Really, where? I can’t believe I’ve missed them. I always do good with mysteries. I’ll go back and find out, you can bet on it. The only clue I’ve got so far is leading to Gertrude. But I’m sure she is not the villain.

I’ve always thought it was cute Kaylie’s fear of heights. I mean it’s so easy being afraid of heights. You just keep away from high places. Me I’m afraid of the dark.

I can never be alone at my house in the evening without getting that sneak feeling that something bad is gonna happen at anytime. What if the lights go out when I am alone? I would probably freak out and scream, I would get out of the house to the street as fast as I could.

The street, a nice safe place where I am not so alone even if the street is empty! Afraid of the dark, that’s something I wouldn’t wish for anybody.