16/16?? It's over? No!

Maybe I should put off reading it so I can look forward to reading it later.

Oh, who am I kidding? Of course I'm going to read it right this minute.

bald fact was that she could easily have killed Lucy when she'd lost control of the Volkswagen.
Somehow I missed the fact that Lucy and the others were actually in the car that Ellen almost hit. I guess I thought they were just walking by or something. *rolls eyes* Hello, duh, Lisa!

"Your mother's being charged with driving under the influence, reckless driving and driving with a suspended license. The judge has set bail at a hundred thousand dollars."
Well deserved!

Lucy, who had been sitting quietly on the waiting room's sofa, stared at him for a moment. "Wow," she said, with relish. "I guess Mom's going to have to stay in jail for a while."
clap

Yay for returning superpowers!

"I want to be someone you're proud of," he said. "Whether I'm an alien or an ordinary man, I want live up to having you for my wife."
Oh! *sniffle*

I love Lois telling off her mother, and I love this even more:

I have to go. Clark was out last night fighting a fire at one of the nearby farms and he's going to want some breakfast when he wakes up.
This could be construed as the little housewife having to wait on her husband hand and foot, but we know that isn't the case here. She wants to take care of him because she loves him and she's proud of him. And I love that.

"I'm back to being a doofus again," Clark said, smiling at her.

"You never stopped," Lois said. "But you're the man I'd pick all over again if I had to. And you're the man I'll love for the rest of my life."

(snip)

"Your wish is my command," Clark said, slipping an arm around her waist. He opened the door for her and let her precede him into the hall. As he closed the door, she turned.

"It always was, wasn't it?" she said softly.

"Yes," he said. He leaned forward to take her face in both hands and kissed her gently. "It always was. And it always will be."
This is beautiful. And the best thing about it is that it is so real. There really is love like this, marriages like this, and I couldn't wish for anything better or happier for our favorite couple.

Wonderful story, Nan. All your stories are, but I especially loved this one. I think may have already said that I have a fondness for young L&C just-starting-out stories, and this is one of the best. I'm sad that it is over, though! Any hope that this will be the first story in a series?

Lisa

lisa in the sky with diamonds