Lisa, this was beautiful!

“You know, that big space on the other side of these walls with trees and the moon and all that other stuff you can’t fit in your apartment?”
rotflol I do love a smart-as*ed Clark Kent!

We walked. Every few steps, we passed into the light and I steadied my nerves, adopting a carefully schooled look of indifference. But I couldn’t hold it; with every step back into the darkness, I took a deep breath, glad for the relief the night brought.
Oh, I love this! You've set up the conflict Lois is feeling about Clark so beautifully. She wants him to come in, but she doesn't. She loves and hates him in equal measure. And now you give us the beautiful image of her walking in and out of the light, changing her expression when she thinks he can see it.

Just wonderful.

“Why did he have to take you someplace so… friendly? Why couldn’t he have been like other men and just tried to impress you? I wouldn’t have worried if he’d taken you to the opera. But ice cream is just insidious.”
rotflol Hysterical! I desperately want an "ice cream is just insidious" icon now!

He looked down at me pleadingly, plainly begging me to understand. Understand what? That he didn’t trust me? That his love for me wasn’t enough to overcome whatever his issue was?
Oh, and this broke my heart a little.

The revelation, when he finally found his nerve, was beautiful. I loved the joy and the tears and the fact that he lifted her above those lights of Metropolis they'd be walking in and out of.

Beautiful, beautiful story, Lisa.

C.