First off, there is no denying how well this story has been and is being written. I will admit to admiration for your ability even if you have been investing this tale with a lot of supporting characters I don't really care about. In a very real sense you've 'realized' some of these other characters so well that Lois and Clark have become merely just another couple of characters in this story instead of the focus.

Having said that, I find that I'm interested where you are taking Clark with his 'problem'. As one who has always staunchly supported 'Superman does not kill', I find this tantalizing conundrum. Superman has always maintained that his powers give him such an advantage that there can always be found another way rather than resorting to killing. But Superman ain't on New Krypton. Ordinary fellow, KalEl is. That changes the dynamic.

I'm not surprised by Clark's 'troubles', I just hope they don't drag on ridiculously just to feed the angst of the story. What I was surprised by was Talan's cowerdice in the face of Clark's surly and self-pitying behavior. She understands Clark's fears, but can't get through to him to make him believe that what he did was necessary. Clark isn't going to believe that from her if he can't believe it for himself.

What he does need is for someone to give him a good slap in the head (metaphorically speaking). He needs someone to get mad at him and tell him to snap out of it. Someone to tell him that what ever his 'true' reasons for killing Nor, it doesn't matter. The deed is done, the colony is safer for it and he needs to get over it and move on. I figured that Talan would be the only one strong enough to tell him that.

Unfortunatley you chose to let her 'run away'. Yes, Talan is in love with Kal; but she knows that she will never be more than his friend. He needed her to be the one to 'knock some sense' into him but she didn't. She should have known what he needed.

Of course, this is just my opinion and I assume all is not finished between those two before Clark leaves.

You've got the gentle readers hooked. We've got too much invested in this fic to not hang on to the bitter end, so... keep writing.

Tank (who really can't wait for Clark to get off that god-forsaken rock)