Hey Rac,

I've been a bit AWOL, but still following the story avidly. I get the sense that you've just about finished wrapping up the emtional fall-out from the attack, which I like. Clark's going home! It's going to happen...isn't it?

I esp like how Clark is so gloriously humanized here. Everyine sets him up to be some kind of saint, but once you've shoved the stark reality of war in his face, you can see that most of his idealism was really just naivete. Clark's finally taken a good look at himself, and realizes that everyone, including him, has put himself on an absurdly allevated pedestal. He's not the man he thought he was and he's not the man Lois loves. At least in his opinion. Probably that's why he's not overly enthusiastic about facing Lois - how does he look into the eyes of the creature he loves most in the world, knowing that she is loving a lie?

Poor Talan. I wonder what she would say if she knew the real reason Clark was upset? She'd understand, of course, but I'm sure she'd secretly be disappointed. Talan's reasons for loving Clark so deeply are very much like Lois'- after years of being rubbed in the cynical reality of the world, they suddenly meet this man who is the anti-thesis of everything they had learned a man could be. He alone defends their dear, fast fading ideals and nobility - they both start to hero-worship him. And hero-worship is always something that requires a certain dangerous naivete.

I t's strange, but until this chapter I didn't feel much about losing Faral. But that funeral scene really brought it home to me. I notice you didn't mention his family being at the funeral. Why is that?

I love every little glimpse you give us of Jon. I can't wait to find out what'll happen when Clark meets him for the first time. Please don't put it off too long!

I'm curious - once Clark is returned to Earth, will you continue to write about the Krypton story arcs without him? I wonder how you will reconcile this - you put it off once with the whole attack by Rae Et, but you can't do that a second time. I suspect there'd be a riot if you delay Clark any further. laugh At the same time, I don't want to lose sight of Lok Sim and Enza and Zara and Ching.

Another great chapter! Keep 'em coming! thumbsup
Hasini.

“Is he dead, Lois?”

“No! But I was really mad and I wanted to kick him between the legs and pull his nose off and put out his eyes with a freshly sharpened pencil and disembowel him with a dull letter opener and strangle him with his own intestines but I stopped myself just in time!”
- Further Down The Road by Terry Leatherwood.