Well, I had no trouble with the Miami Vice reference, but then, I'm around the same age as the characters... I would think it's still pretty well known, or at least everyone knows what the "Miami Vice look" is. Just like people who've never seen Star Trek nonetheless know what warp speed is. It's part of the culture. Just like I know what "being a Pollyanna" means, even though I had no idea where it came from -- did you guys know there was a book? A thoroughly depressing one, too, from the sounds of it.

As for CJ's powers, I kinda like the idea that "one man can change the world" even without superpowers. As long as he's got Lois with him, anyway <g> and that doesn't seem to be at issue here.

So, Chris, you've replied to comments, so you'll be posting part 24 even as I type, right? smile1 It's gotta be "tonight" somewhere in the world... wink

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K