Hazel: thank you, as ever, for the compliments! Ah, you, and everyone else, really know how to make me smile! smile

Miami Vice: H'm... Well, I worked on the basis that Lois and CJ would be the same age as me, that I know about Miami Vice (despite never having actually watched the show), and that Miami Vice featured in an episode of Friends so it must be in the cultural consciousness of the population.

Of course, my reasoning might be completely faulty. If I can think of a different way of expressing the idea, I will think about changing it. I'd be curious to know, though, if others had a problem with the reference, especially anyone who is younger.

As for the other thing... I did go back and tweak the wager bit a little. I haven't corrected this version, but the archive version will make things a little clearer. (BTW, CJ heard them and then turned to watch them; that is now more obvious).

Tank: are you really that much of an angst fiend? I'd never have expected it!

Tank (who thinks that Chris needs to hurt somebody, anybody... how about Jimmy?)
Just for you, I promise to hurt / kill at least a couple of people before the story finishes. Okay?

Gerry: thank you! smile

Nan: I'm still making no promises about CJ and his powers. If I did, that would take away any suspense this story has. All I will say is that I hope you will be able to live with the eventual outcome. wink

Pam: thank you! Ah hah! See, Tank, not everyone wants angst!

Maria: I'm still not saying anything about CJ's powers... or lack of.

Tricia and Merry: thank you for your comments, too.

I'll post the next part tonight.

Chris