WOW 4 months...
WHAT A ROLLER-Coaster ride that was... you should definitely patent the M(DJ)R roller-coaster (refer fdk 23/23)... but then there would be no shock value so ?????? and the "only a dream" excuse becomes tiresome after a while (but it worked here, so no complaints)

Trust me Sue... if there are scientists willing to conduct "experiments" (really surveys) where months of work and
hundreds of thousand dollars produce results showing
**parents of girls are more worried about teenaged pregnancies than parents of boys**.... when it comes to developing sex-ed. programs (a real paper I had to read for psychology)....
then there is probably a paper out there somewhere looking into the number of electric shocks before one passes out

(although I think it would be more to do with voltage/frequency/amplitude... I'm not a physicist... of the current and not the number of shocks)....

An interesting exploration into research ethics would be found if you looked into the NUREMBERG CODE, EDIT: developed in response to the Nazi Experiments on Prisoners within their concentration camps

Milgram\'s Experiment into Obedience (courtesy of Wikipedia)Conducted at Yale as an attempt to uncover some sort of answer to the dilemma faced at the Nuremberg trials in association to the "Following Orders" defence used by the soldiers
EDIT: NOTED IN POST BELOW THAT NUREMBERG AND MILGRAM ARE INDEPENDENT HISTORICAL EVENTS
In the experiment, 37/40 participants proceeded with "electrocuting" another participant (actually an actor with no electric shocks involved) well past the point of death, just because they were told to by a 2nd actor giving instructions on what to do
Milgram wanted to know when people would pass on such high levels of responsibility to authority ... Read it if you are interested.... Full text (pdf.) of Milgram\'s Experiment (free)

The results are also relevant to some recent trials of US soldiers within the Abu Grahib (spelling????) prison in Iraq...and many other scenarios, with lots of reality television shows repeating the experiment as a part of their required tasks (refer Wikipedia) but I wont go into politics or Reality TV ethics here...

Thanks again both to Sue and DJ

Lenny Benny Canary: a wealth of useless (?) information about totally unrelated (?) topics...

except the ethics of the drug and the electrocution stuff is sort of related.....

You can't have MANSLAUGHTER without LAUGHTER

The Neuroscientist: Eating glass makes you smart...do you want to see what you can learn?