Hah! ML! This is absolutely fascinating and wonderful! I had waited to read it because I had been busy... and... well... you had said it might be better to read it in one or two sittings. So I expected to read a few parts today and then some more on another day....

So much for expectations...

I got so thoroughly wrapped up in the thing that I read all 10 parts today. I was home sick, it was a wonderful way to pass the time!

I love your imagination. I actually have been beta reading a story for someone else who has sort of the same idea, but yet completely different too. I love it. I find these kinds of stories absolutely fascinating!

Anyway, don't you dare leave us here. I don't care if you think it is a good place to stop... it's not, okay? You could extend this thing by 50 parts easily <snort> smile

There's no way I could quote all my favorite parts. So I'll quote one of my favorites:

She felt his body tremble and heard his breathing become labored as he kept his face buried in her shoulder. “Oh, my love,” she whispered against his hair even as she felt the dampness of his tears on her shoulder. In the future, he must have dealt with his own pain before coming to tell her - trying to make sure he could comfort her without having to deal with his grief. That was just so Clark - and she loved him for it. She closed her eyes and held him, wishing she knew how to make this easier for him, wishing she could take his pain into her body and thus free him of it.

She had no idea how long she held him like that. It could have been an eternity. It could have been a matter of minutes. But finally, his labored breathing stopped. She breathed a sigh of relief, hugging him tightly to her.

“I’m sorry, Lois. I’m so sorry.”

She heard his jagged whisper and felt her heart constrict. Pulling back from him, she cupped his large face in her small hands.

“Look at me, Clark,” she said when he still refused to make eye contact.

It seemed to take him a moment, but finally he forced himself to look at her. “I’m sorry, Lois. I never should have asked you to marry me before finding out if I could even give you...”
That scene was so beautiful and so wonderful and so tender and so sweet and so heartwrenching. <sniffle> I adored it.

Anyway, I am so looking forward to part 11. It's coming tomorrow, right? Don't keep a sick girl waiting too long, okay?

-- DJ

Smile and the world smiles with you ... frown and you're just giving yourself wrinkles.