Hi everyone,

Sorry for the long delay. I do really appreciate your comments on this first part and I apologize for leaving you hanging.

Maria, I promise, Enza losing her leg wasn't a mean joke aimed at your request to leave her in one piece. War has really terrible consequences, though, and even good people suffer through horrible things.

Terry, thanks for your comments and for the gentle nagging. I'm glad that Lois's story is resonating so strongly with you. More is coming up right now.

Thank you for the feedback, Ann. I know the end of the last story was really disheartening, I hope that there's a measure of hope here, despite all the darkness. Lok Sim and Thia's relationship is symbolic of that. It's not blood or obligation that binds them - just affection. They love each other like a father and daughter and right now, they both clearly need that relationship.

Shelley, thanks for commenting. I'm glad you enjoyed this section.

Noelle, I'm always amazed when people tell me they read the first two stories in a couple of days (it took me years to write these, after all!). I'm relieved to hear that the story still seems to hold up, even when someone reads it all at once. I will try to keep writing and posting regularly, even though it's been too long between parts one and two.

BJ, thanks for reading and commenting. I'm glad to hear that you like Talan's character. It's always daunting to introduce new characters into an established universe (even when you have the benefit of a background like New Krypton, with so few established characters). She always has had the Sword of Damocles hanging over her head, either physically or emotionally. It's not exactly an enviable position, I'll admit.

All right, more is on the way.

Thanks again for reading and commenting, everyone.

Regards,

Rac