The thing that is most obvious to me is that Lois isn't in control of what is happening in her life. She keeps blacking out, and when she comes to thing have happened that she can't explain.

So how can she do the right thing when she isn't in command of her life? I felt the urgency when Lois was talking to Clark. What if she suddenly loses consciousness again? What if she hasn't had time to warn him and she wakes up without knowing where he is? What if he dies again because she didn't warn him?

These were my two favorite parts from this chapter:

the way he moved was poetry in motion
Wonderfully put.

Looking up into his eyes, Lois said “What if I told you that I’d known you in another life.”

“I’d say it sounded a little kooky,” Clark said. He leaned against the car as well, invading her personal space a little. Lois didn’t move away. “Then I’d ask what we were to each other.”

“Best friends,” Lois said. She hesitated, then said, “More, maybe.”
How do you tell the boy who will later grow into the man who'll die before he has become the husband that you so bitterly wishes he could have been, what he has meant to you? What he is going to mean to you? And how do you tell him that you have come to him to save his life? Shayne, you totally made me feel the intensity of the unbelievable situation here. And the only thing Lois could offer Clark was the truth. Wow.

Ann