Thanks for your comments everyone and sorry for the delay in replying.

Maria, I'm glad you liked this section. As to why the decision is going to take weeks instead of days, in real life, judicial decisions take a long time. The judges don't just say guilty or not guilty, they have to support their decision with a well reasoned opinion or risk being overruled. Being a lawyer, I like to write the legal dramas as true to life as possible while still working within the narrative structure.

Hi Terry, thanks for your very kind words. I'm glad you've been enjoying the courtroom sections. It's also nice to hear that the scene with Talan and her brother worked for you. You're right that he's the only one she can talk to about these things. I think that losing their parents brought them even closer and Serick is probably not just her brother, but her best friend, too. And I agree that Lois and Clark's separation has taken and will continue to take a great toll on them.

Thanks for your comments, Ann. Lois definitely has taken a big step forward, but I think she has a long way to go. After years of sublimating things up, she's only now started to talk about them. I expect it will be a struggle for her.

As for Talan and her brother, I think the questions he asked her only really make sense given their relationship. Most people really don't need someone else to encourage them to indulge in hopeless, idle speculation. Talan, however bottles up everything and doesn't talk about anything at all. And while someone else in her position might obsess, she represses. These are definitely things that Serick knows about her and I think he's hoping that she won't just hold it all in until it becomes overwhelming.

Tank, thank you for the comic relief. I hadn't give too much thought to just how Lois would go about keeping her hairstyle neat and professional looking. You'll be happy to know, that since she's Ultrawoman now, she's pretty much committed to the short hair look.

Liz, I'm glad that you're reading and enjoying the story. More coming up soon.

Thanks!

Rac