I think it might be fun for them to sort of giving people (and themselves!) time to adjust by not mentioning the marriage part right at first... just a little more flirting and touching in the newsroom, spending time together outside of it...
Hmmm, Pam. That's a vey interesting idea. Let's see if I get you correctly. You think they should pretend that they are not married, and I can see that such a strategy has merits. It will give them time to adjust, as you said.

On the other hand, this pretense will be angst-inducing, too. For example, I imagine that it will be Lois who'll want to act as if she and Clark aren't married. Like Pam said:

last week she'd barely admit to being friends with him, and this week they're setting up housekeeping?
Lois is the one who'll look quite a bit like a fool if she is suddenly married to the man she wouldn't give the time of day just a week before. So Lois is the one who'll want to pretend that they aren't married. But what will that do to Clark? He's bound to worry more than ever that Lois doesn't really want him, that she regrets getting married to him, that she'll soon want a divorce etcetera.

Lois, on the other hand, will probably remember more and more of their lovemaking during their pheromone-hazy honeymoon. And since first season Lois was most definitely physically attracted to Clark Kent, even though she couldn't see many other of his qualities, it's going to be sheer torture for her to have to watch Clark's chiselled physique and know that she could make love to him again, if she would only acknowledge that they are indeed married.

Clearly they will have to reach a stage when they can no longer keep up the not-married pretense, but then comes the problem of how to tell everyone that they are married already, and have been married for - well, since they came back from their mysterious absence.

This premise holds a lot of possibilities, I think!

Ann