I'm still loving this, Nan -- so different! But I think they need to actually talk *about* their situation instead of skirting around the edges and pretending not to see the elephant in the middle of the room. And I can see Lois getting over the intial awkwardness and then being hardly able to keep her hands off him.

Staying married at this point could seem too intimidating -- last week she'd barely admit to being friends with him, and this week they're setting up housekeeping? Sounds stressful.

I think it might be fun for them to sort of giving people (and themselves!) time to adjust by not mentioning the marriage part right at first... just a little more flirting and touching in the newsroom, spending time together outside of it... but then I have a weakness for banter with secret meanings. smile

Okay, I need to go to bed now -- I fully expect to enjoy anything you come up with, Nan smile

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K