I love this chapter!

He kissed her! Son-of-a... The opportunistic sleazeball had kissed her. And Lois had let him.
The word is “bitch”, boy scout. B-I-T-C-H. It’s not that painful to enunciate after the first try…

Clark couldn’t allow things to proceed any further. He thought he had lost Lois once to Dan. He wouldn’t let it happen again. He put his fist to the door and pounded fiercely.
Atta, boy, Clark!

Part of her wanted to give Dan a good slap to the face for his brazenness and give him a piece of her mind, but she certainly didn’t want to give Clark the satisfaction of hearing that... if that was Clark.
You mean the only reason you aren’t decking this sleazebag is because it would make your lunkheaded boyfriend too smug? Where are your priorities, girl? Clark, go away and come back later. Things are about to get violent…

“I don’t know,” Clark mused. “Several species of insects live and die in a month’s time.”
razz

He was an idiot.
Not an earth-shattering revelation to the rest of us. Works for ya, though!

Do not openTax info 1995’.
hyper

Hasini.

“Is he dead, Lois?”

“No! But I was really mad and I wanted to kick him between the legs and pull his nose off and put out his eyes with a freshly sharpened pencil and disembowel him with a dull letter opener and strangle him with his own intestines but I stopped myself just in time!”
- Further Down The Road by Terry Leatherwood.