“Really...” he said with feigned disinterest, “and you’re telling me this because...?”

“Cut the crap, Church, who is helping you?”

“Helping me? I had nothing to do with that break-in.” He lifted an appraising eyebrow at her. “I am in prison, you know.”

“I never said that you did.” She grinned at him – she had his interest now. “I think someone is about to set you up. So who else knew about Project Nirvana?”

For several seconds he sat frozen, his eyes looking past her as he considered her words. Then Bill Jr. swore under his breath and rose from the table, turning his back to her. His hands clenched and unclenched and then he turned back around. When he sat down again, his face had lost every trace of its former polite disinterest. “She double-crossed me. She’s fooled everyone,” he said softly.
Really liked this part, as always, but this isn't my favorite scene. Would Bill Church, Jr., really sell out anyone? I know it's Mindy Church and he owes her absolutely no allegiance, but old habits die hard. In his line of work if you sell out anybody, you're dead.

That being said, if Bill Church was going to sell out somebody it would be Mindy, and if he were going to sell out Mindy it would be to the press and not to the police or feds.

If she could tie this back to Mindy Church and further tie her back to Intergang...

She could practically smell the Pulitzer now!
Obviously she remembers the important stuff.

Part of her just wanted to wrap her arms around him and shut out the rest of the world.

But he wouldn’t have let her. And she certainly wasn’t going to give him the pleasure of turning her down, again.
Her poor heart is so hurt.

There was that whole ‘friend’ thing again. He couldn’t be engaged to her, married to her, but it was okay to be friends with her?
Yeah, we're back to that.

Clark *did* want to talk more about things. He kept trying to look for an opening, watch for an opportunity to tell her that he had been wrong not to discuss his decision with her. That he was ready to hear what she had to say.
Good for Clark. Too bad for that little Dan thing and that little argument thing.

Lois risked a glance over at Clark to see what he was looking at... Mindy’s face. His eyes appeared to be glued to Mindy’s, not allowing his vision to drift even a millimeter lower.
That's Clark, all right. (Although maybe not so much in the first season. CATT!)

Mindy sobbed again, blotting at her eyes and sniffling. She looked back up at Lois, looked over at Clark, and then back at Lois again. “Hey... are you guys still a *thing*? You looked so cute together at that museum party. I just knew you had to be a *thing*.”
It worked once for Mindy, so why not try it again?

What, now he was a mind reader, too? No... Her chest tightened a little. No, he just knew her that well now – because she had made the mistake of letting him in.
That's a heart-ache, for you. But it's never a mistake to let someone in, even if you have loved and lost.

So. You’ve seen what the woman wears. She might own it, but she doesn’t shop there,” she retorted.
Good point.

What did she mean she had to shave her legs?
Terry!

I shave my legs before going out because I have really pale skin and really dark hair. Not for what you're implying.

Yeesh!

Good to have another part.

Elisabeth