So many great lines in the story and so little time…

“I think that occasionally you're a bit over-protective, but I understand why. You lost Clark because of the powers, but it turned out you never lost him; he just went AWOL for a while. That was a scary time for you, Lois, and nobody comes through that unscathed. It's natural you should worry about Matt... and he is young.” Jimmy watched as Lois walked over to the couch and sat on its worn surface.
I find it interesting how Lois has assumed the role of the “worrier” in the family. But Jimmy is right, having children and years of being a single mother are bound to have that effect.

That was the truth, Clark decided as he glanced over at his friends. As each day went by, he grew more comfortable in the company of the people with whom he'd once been close, and this afternoon he'd discovered something else about himself. He'd met two strangers from his past and he'd instinctively known which one had proved a threat and which one wished him well... which wasn't bad for someone with no recollection. Jimmy was correct. His lack of memory had no bearing on who he was... what he thought about and believed in; who he cared for and loved..... In all the important details, he was still Clark Kent, and no one could change that.
I absolutely loved this whole part. Other people have commented upon it, but I feel I also had to mention it.

This was such a nice part to read. I can’t wait to see how the story concludes.

-Em

"But my experience is that as soon as people are old enough to know better, they don't know anything at all."

-Oscar Wilde, "Lady Windermere's Fan"