Oh, I was so thrilled to see a new chapter of this story posted!

his mother, whose psychic powers far exceeded Wanda Detroit’s
That made me smile. I really liked how you wrote the Kents in If I Were You, Caroline, and if we get to see more of them here, I'm sure I'll enjoy that, too. You make them entertaining characters in their own right, and in just a few words, can make us see their strong presence in Clark's life.

He’d spent his entire life trying to fit in but still feeling as though he were set apart; with Wanda, he finally felt as though he’d found a person who could anchor him to earth, to humanity.
I like that the role Lois plays in Clark's life is so neatly summed up in that line. And was felt so instantly with Wanda.

“Actually, ‘bump’ isn’t really the right word. It’s more like the road is...washed out.”

“Washed out?”

“There’s a big storm, lot of damage...it happens sometimes.”
Hee. That made me laugh. Clark's little tornado has been busy.

Loved how Lois talked about Wanda in the third person, nice parallel to how Clark did the same with Superman.

Why are you talking about yourself in the third person?”

“I’m talking about Wanda in the third person because she isn’t me.”

Clark tried to follow that. Failed completely. “You just finished saying that she doesn’t exist at all. So who did I spend the night with?”

“Wanda.”

“The person who isn’t you and who doesn’t exist,” he clarified.

“Exactly.” She actually looked pleased, like a teacher who had finally gotten through to a slow pupil.

“You realize, don’t you, that you’re not making any sense? I mean, really, none at all. You can’t change your whole identity by changing your hair and clothes!”

“Yes, I can!” she shot back. “I fooled you, didn’t I?”

“Yeah, you fooled me,” he said bitterly. “Are you proud of that? Is that what you set out to do – to make a fool of me?”

“I said I fooled you, not that I made a fool of you. They’re not the same thing.” She wouldn’t look at him.
Yeah. That conversation was just excellent. And had so early in their relationship, too. I really like this spin on the story, Caroline.

“Please, Clark....” Her voice changed completely all of a sudden, and when he looked at her, he was horrified to see the sheen of tears in her eyes. “Please don’t do this to me. It was supposed to be one perfect night...just one night...and you’re ruining it.” Her voice broke. “You’re ruining everything.”
Oh, Lois. I know she's the one not being reasonable about all this, but much like Clark, I'm not impervious to Lois' tears.

Really looking forward to the Lois POV in the next chapter.

Chris
"Superman is a guy who's seen wonders we'll never see and Lois is to him, one of those wonders."