Great part! I loved Lois's babbling, and Clark's reaction to it. Wonderful description of the warm, sweet love between these two people. This was just beautiful:

The rules that slowly eroded as the two became closer, their partnership evolving to friendship, which later turned to the most intimate relationship she had ever experienced. It didn’t matter that they had never dated, never made love, never really kissed. He still knew her better than anybody she knew, any lover she had had, any person she had befriended.
I just loved Lois's observation that her friendship with Clark was the most intimate relationship she had ever had, even if they had never even kissed properly.

Now they did kiss, however! And it was wonderful. But I couldn't understand Lois's horrible reaction at finding Clark's Superman suit. Clark had already hinted that he had something very, very important to tell her. Why would she take his Superman identity so badly? Was it because she felt so betrayed that he had pretended to be shot to death earlier, and had let her grieve for him as dead?

Ann