I did it! I came back! So, continuing from my last post...

Away from her husband’s gaze, Lois gave in to a shudder. Her mind blank and somewhat clouded by the one glass of wine she’d drunk - she didn’t remember that Bourgogne Blanc being so strong
Okay, a few things here. I *love* the shudder but also the fear. Shudders are involuntary(usually), but what you've done here is GREAT. She's so afraid of her *husband* which is just so fantastically painted here as well, that she has suppressed a shudder... but she's also so sickened by him, by his touch, that the shudder does not go away. And the moment his back is turned... goofy

And I think this might just be my absolute favorite line in the whole section:
It wouldn’t be as revealing as the black nightie she was wearing now. On the other hand, the expensive lingerie looked like something out of a fairy tale book, and sometimes it felt like a disguise. In a way, it revealed less about her than shorts and a baggy t-shirt would.
That is... that's.... it's... amazing. Honestly. It's so true. The more revealing bedwear reveals less about the person in it. Lois as we saw her in that first morning during HiM, that's Lois! That's Lois at her most comfortable, smiling, joking around, confident, self-assured... and wouldn't you know it, she's with Clark then. She can look drop dead in any gown or (yuck!) black nightie (only yuck because of who she's wearing it FOR), but that does not mean the person looking at her in it can even see her. See what is important to her and what she's *really* like, when her guard's down. Oh, I don't know if I'm making sense so I'll put it another way. grumble

Okay, THIS seemed promising...
Her head was spinning. Her legs felt like cotton wool. She grasped the edges of the sink and gritted her teeth. She was *not* going to let him have his way with her, either tonight or tomorrow or at any other time in the future. She was getting out of this marriage *now*. Tonight.
... but alas...
“Mine,” he whispered against the side of her neck.

His.

She was his. And none of her muscles were responding even as she recoiled against the idea to be her husband’s possession one more night.
No!!!!! Kae!!! Bad Kae! Bad!!! But... OMG, goooood writing. And okay, you've SORT of got me all interested and on the edge of my (oops! just fell off, okay, now I'm back) seat... and waiting SOOOO eagerly for more!!!!! Um... can you give me an estimate here so I can start guessing what might happen next? Like if you say this is part 6 out of a potential 104 parts, I might go "OMG she's pregnant! She's having the spawn of devil " If you say it's part 6 out of, oh 7... I will sit back and sigh and go "Super!" knowing obviously Clark will rescue her and Luthor will die somehow and they'll be together FOREVER! Starting NOW. (why do I feel like you are NOT going that route though...)

Okay, I am not making sense, I apologize wink

CANNOT wait for Sunday!!!!!

Nicole smile