My sincerest apologies. I shouldn't have done so, but I assumed that someone with a dragon nickname would be a testosterone-crazed bull-headed take-no-prisoners male. I stand (or sit, as the case may be) most chastened and apologetic.
No problem, Terry. It's all good. DS is actually my initials. Y'all can just call me Darcy if you want.

But I repeat my earlier comment that these unfinished teasers are exactly that. Each one of them could go in any number of different directions.
Aye, that they could. I have ideas about how each of them could go too -- my only problem is, those ideas stop somewhere in the MIDDLE of the story. I have NO ENDINGS! That seems to be the way most of my stories turn out. Eventually, once I've finished writing the beginnings, I might choose one or two to flesh out and make endings of them.

As far as knowledge of the name "Kal-El" goes, the only time I can remember Clark telling anyone is when Star hypnotises him (can't remember which episode! ) and asks him his name.
Thanks, Tarkas! I don't need to know which episode it was.

By the way, have you any relation to the Tarkas who writes HP fanfic (specifically "Hunter and Maiden") and posts at PhoenixSong.net? Just curious.

BTW, "Kal-El" means "Star Child" according to the pre-Crisis comics. The founder of the House of El named his family line after a star (again, can't remember all the details).
*Boggles*

Wow. I didn't actually know there was an established meaning! (My parents felt that there were more important things to spend money on than comic books, and couldn't afford to pay me an allowance.) Coolness.

What does "pre-Crisis" mean?

Thanks again for the great comments!

"You take turns, advise and protect one another, even heal or be healed when the going gets too tough. I know! That's not a game--that's friendship!" ~Shelly Mezzanoble, Confessions of a Part-Time Sorceress: A Girl's Guide to the Dungeons & Dragons Game

Darcy\'s Place