I've been so delayed on reading lately, but I've been really looking forward to seeing how this series continues!

She’d been busy on a story, meeting source after source, compiling notes and data.
So close to getting back in sync with Clark! So exciting!! clap

And if those facts happened to make their way into her stories now, well… she could just blame H.G. Wells.
:rotfl: Exactly how she should think about it!

changing into comfortable sweatpants and an old Smallville High jersey
Awwww. This is great evidence of all the Small Changes, too.

There were too many temptations, too many moments when they had argued for ‘just a little change,’ and too many big changes just waiting to be grasped.
This is utterly crushing.

And she had needed the time and the space to rediscover herself as someone who didn’t need anyone else to be able to rise to the top.
...and this is such a wonderful revelation.

It had hurt so much.
Oof, that's a punch tot he gut.

She stepped into his arms and he willingly embraced her. It was like coming home. She was surrounded by his scent, which had long since faded from his jersey. His arms felt sure and strong around her. His heartbeat pounded just a little fast in her ear as he came down from the adrenaline rush which had brought him to her apartment.
Awwww...

...and sat down on her gray, leather sofa.
OMG, she really HAS grown as a person! lol

"...It’s just an award, Lois.”
Lois looked at him like he’d suddenly grown two heads. “Did you really just say that?”
Clark grinned. “Okay, it’s not just an award. It’s a Pulitzer!” He swept her into another hug. “I’m so proud of you!”
This is such a sweet way of disarming her credulity/trap.

"...You have a tux, don’t you?”
Clark rolled his eyes. “I can get one..."
Aw! Love seeing this callback here!

“Did you really think you were going to be able to walk into your interview in September and pretend we don’t already know each other? Like I’m just going to treat you like a hack from Nowheresville?..."
This is another SUPER SWEET example of how they're writing history in those little ways. I love that you're writing them into a healthier relationship. It's so rare we get the benefit of hindsight!

This whole series has entirely charming, and this installation doesn't disappoint!