Hi Evie!

Thanks for taking the time on this one! I know the longer ones always mean that you put a lot of time in!
It’s fun!

Thank you! I was inordinately proud of Jack/nipped Ellen-and-Sam/sniped when I came up with that.
Writers. Always looking for a cheap thrill with words wink

But honestly, this was just my trying to work in the phrase 'Silent Night.' Both a holiday song and a Christmas wish, in this case.
Well…it worked!

You betcha! I usually like to have the 'gun,' so to speak, sit out for a longer part of the story, but oh, well. Nice catch on identifying this earlier!
I guess I did. Basically any villain other than Lex is probably a CG if they show up in a random rant.

t's nearly half written. Get ready. It's... significantly worse than this.
help spider

Didn't Dr. Deter actually do a rotation with Dr. Quinzel during that little exchange program?
laugh

JACK: I did only open his head *once*. I swear! Now, where did I leave my buzzer…

Jack: what Selina calls the Joker in Chris Dee’s Catwoman Tales
Honestly, I probably review every sentence like... 8-9 times once it's in final draft form. So I appreciate knowing which ones hit.
smile1 And yeah, I know that feeling.

You know, I went back and forth with this. […] LOL - suffice to say, I agree, and I deeply overthought the bikini change.
Yeah. When I think about what I plan for in *** - *** ***** ***** I so totally get it.

And next year, y'all are getting a little 5-page cozy Christmas story, lol.
rotflol
Next year guess: Mary, is that you?

I know Clark wins for the senior citizens' home piece, but every time it's suggested there is a more impactful story out there than what we see Lois investigate, foil, and write, it deeply strains my ability to suspend my disbelief.
It’s probably audience exhaustion. And a lot of sheer luck vs. Clark’s hard work. Plus, they might disqualify her for becoming too involved in her stories. It’s not good journalistic craftsmanship.

LOIS (post season two): But…but…*HIM* /points at Clark/ He’s… /throws up hands/ Gah! At least with Batman, there’s no story to get involved with.

VICKI VALE: wave

Don't forget that geriatric pregnancies start at 34. 27 is breaching spinster material here. Those career girls really affected the national average for marriage/pregnancy ages! (Huzzah for choices!)
laugh

Glad you commented on this, actually. This was an upgrade after you mentioned you wanted her to behave worse in one of my other stories. Here you go!
jawdrop thud

The answer to your question is that they didn't break in the story because they didn't break irl when I sat down hard on them on a hard chair.
Eep!

Honestly, probably a good point, but beyond my expertise. I have an acquaintance that is an electrician, and he's received a couple 'shocks' that had him in the hosptial. So I figured it was enough to run with.
smile1 Probably not household lines. Or very unlucky.

So, YEAH, Griffin was my little tool to mentally shred her for the sole purpose of 'kiss it and make it better.'
Oh yes you did!

LOIS: mad

And THIS is a genius plot bunny! Randy sent Ralph over to the Planet as his corporate spy!
laugh And here I figured he just pawned off a bad employee. His sister’s husband’s brother-in-laws’ cousin.

Originally Posted by Darth Michael
She’s not gonna establish the in-bed-with-Superman-at-Christmas tradition, is she?
Not in this story, but check back in after a year or two and we'll see if that outline had become a draft.
hyper

I have to admit that I had my head in my hands at the sheer number of times you correctly predicted this plot up until now.
So when I read this I cackled. Gotcha!
laugh Well, I guess I should have known better, given how the first Prankster episode ended on a similar fake-out. My main defense is Chekov. You let Griffin escape without a proper conclusion. It’s only natural to expect him to turn up again to finish what he started and/or get caught. /adjusts training set for Large Language Model ‘AI’/

Nice catch. Sara is helping me (enormously) with some beta-ing. So aside from this being her a response to her prompts, I'm trying to add this little touch into every story in 2024. We'll see if I accomplish that!
Awwww

/feeds prompt/ Lois gets painted with tar or superglue at back while wearing a bikini. Clark’s tried to help her up and gets stuck with his hand there.

Y'all said it was a CHRISTMAS FIC-A-THON! Y'all got every single Christmas reference I could wedge into this.
rotflol

You know, in 2008 we had a ficathon on the nfic side. It was called a Smutathon.

At the speed at which Superman can move... he's also the one cleaning the house.
SUPERMAN: So Lois has more time in the bedroom.

I decided she'd only really notice it (as a positive thing) after she'd changed her perspective on him a little. Gotta get that ugly tie trope in there.
Cleverly done!

...and thanks for mentioning that because I think I'm going to request that this and the epligoue get judged together. They're really one piece anyway. I'll remember that for next year!
laugh

THANK YOU! I was so excited when I was able to work that! Chekhov and Dickens did so much heavy lifting for me in this story!
smile1

Originally Posted by Darth Michael
LOIS: Clark, why is there mistletoe above your bed?
CLARK: Mo-o-om!
Martha would do it, too!
evil

Yup, just move right on to the epilogue, friend, for this gag to resolve. It's short.
/points at FDK/ Also, it’s about 1/3 of this story according to reader mode.

Thank you. I really do appreciate the kind words. I know I've said it before, but it's always such a joy to see what hit by reading your FDK and seeing the story through your lens!
smile1

Eeeeeeeeexcellent. I'm a quick study.
I'll have to give it some though to see if I want to disguise myself or not on the next GTA. Might be fun to play 'Stump Michael.' We'll see how the story goes!
Yes, those can be fun. Also, I’m probably easier to stump than Sara and Bek with their mad editor powers.

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.