Wow, what a rollercoaster of a fic. The switch from light to dark to light again, all the juxtaposition (or however that difficult word writes itself correctly)... Also the "symmetry" of Christmas lights, both in the bomb and later in the planet office then...nice touch. Looking at Lois' life like that is really heart-wrenching, ain't it? I guess the fact Griffin has a few points is what hurts the most there. Good there's Clakr to "save" her (and her Christmas experience) in a different kind of way this time. Especially after he wasn't there for most of the time hearing Lois...which is of course understandable if he was on the other side of the country with his folks. That's a god lesson though for Lois that Superman can't always be there when she needs it. MAybe that will teach her to be a bit less reckless.
Personally, I would hav epreferred if Lois would, ineed, have saved herself there. It's understandable, but feels kind of bad here that she in the end needs Clark/Superman again to do it for her. I wish the show had made that mon more occassion. Like she had a life pre-Superman and still survived...that must come from somewhere. And for this fic especially, it just proves Griffin's point here which...IDK, I didn't like that particularly.

Guesses: Hrm, a very angsty, Lois-Lane-centeredstory that is essentially a Lois character study dealing with her self-doubts and fears...sounds right up the alley of lovetvfan.

Up, up and away - to the next fanfic.