That was a good second chapter.
I really feel bad for Clark and Lois here. THere is so much emotional stuff for both of them with their reunion and all the things that happened in these years between, they really want, NEED, to talk about this and properly reconcile, but can't due to the kid being around. Well, that's life with children... Can be har dsometimes, ain't it?
I was a bit annoyed with Lois' jealousy...but I also get it. Not only does she not know what happened (and the way Clark introduced Jor does not give really hints), there's also tha tfrustration that she waited all these years while he, as it seems ot her, didn't - and the fact he, apparently, did not leave NK on purpose to return to her but instead decided to stay and only left because he was basically forced to for sure hurts. AGain, we don't know the whole story (yet), so I'm curious how it came for Clark to make that choices, but I'm sure we will find out soon enough though. I think the biggest problem here is that she has zero time to process everything, really. Clark, at least, had the month he travelled to get used to some stuff (not Jon though, ut the rest) while Lois was practically thrown on a bunch of things at the same time and she can't even focus because there are these two little distractions.
As for Jor...it's kinda ironic how ยด, due to him being so lcosed-up and hiding his emotions, it's more than obvious he has them. He's just trying a little too much there, due to his upbringing and all that it's expected, bu tit shows. Like his "rejecting" Jon as his brother shows his fears and wishes. While he's not used to earth's ways, I'm sur ehe's also not stupid - he can initially see how quickly Clark bonds with Jon, how desperate he is to start a close relationship with this kid. At the same time, it's so different from the one Clakr has with Jor. And I get the iimpression Jor, deep down, wants to get that affection and comfort from him, even if he might not really be aware of this/confessing that even to himself. And so far, he had a better chance for this (or so he thought) but now he has a serious rival, from his POV, in that, and they already bonded "better", so I can see how that would be painful for him. I think par tof the porble is that he doesn't get all the nuances there but also that he's not used to how "being siblings on Earth" is supposed to work - which is no surprise given his upbringing as an only child and the strict rank system of NK where there is probably no such thing as equality in family and other areas, it's always about fighting about the best positions and so on.
It's also kinda interesting how Jor an dLois share this "jealousy" thing, albeit for different reasons, and how they both have the same issue accepting a "new" family member (Jor with Jon and Lois with Jon) in a similar way. Like Lois also seems fairly uncomfortable with that mini-Kryptonian. Jonathan and Martha, on the other hand, have less issue there or at least do focus on getting the kid into th efamily because they can be more neutral on it, for thme they'd be equally "Clark's sons" so there's that - and for Jor, it's also easier to accept them as his new grandparents (to some extent at least) since they are new and he has not a history of "denial" with them like he has with his father, and there is no "succession issue" involved.
The bit where he gets to know food and then pie was just so fun. He soo can't resist the feels there, obviously, even if he tries ("acceptable" lol) and then the pie just broke him completely haha. (and now I want some...damn)
The more I think about it, the more I'm wondering: Why has Jor no english knowledge yet? I mean, it's reasonable enough Clark didn't bother to teach him on NK, but they were, as established in the first chapter, alone in a spaceship for one month on their journey, that would have been plenty of opportunity for Clark to give his son some English lessons. So why had he not done anything there knowing Jor would need it either way and they had time, and now th epoor kid is totally lost in translation? I don't get it. Plus it must be super frustrating for hima dn won't help with the adapting at all.
Jon just seems to be so much of a mini-Clark in personality, with the spitfire energy of a a mini-Lois. I'm sue there's a lot of fun shenanigans coming up, especially once he and Jor can actually talk, with his happy-go-lucky attitude clashing with his brother's all-formal one. (Also, thanks for reminding me to watch the Supersons movie - I wanted to do so for a while but then forgot about it...bumped on my list now again)
And finally, the last author's note makes me wonder if Damian will appear in this fic at some point? Actually, I think he and Jor would get along quite well, they have a lot in common with their upbringing in an emotionally cold environemtn that was all about the respective mission to become the heir of a leader, unusual mental constitution for a kid, etc.

Anway, lookin gforward to the next one that will sure reveal some background on NK and all that.

Up, up and away - to the next fanfic.