Hi Toomi!

Part 1
Summary: Mayson doesn't die in the car explosion. What happens next?
Is she healthy? Or a zombie? Vampire? Specter? Ghoul?
LOIS: Incubus.

His shirt was torn, exposing the recognizable spandex to Mayson’s gaze
How embarrassing, his not-girlfriend discovering his superman jumpers.
LOIS: So that blonde just almost-dies *once* in his arms and he reveals everything to her. And I? /pulls out punch card/ Oh, look, I’m already eligible for a free rescue.

“Superman! Oh, thank goodness. I don’t know what happened. Clark saw it, or heard it, I’m not entirely sure. He went to call for help.”
I understand why Clark didn’t call out for Superman like a little girl but why didn’t Lois call out like a big reporter girl in danger?

“A car bomb. She was in the driver’s seat,”
POLICE DETECTIVE: So you’re saying the attorney with ties to Intergang was planting a car bomb and managed to blow herself up in the process?
SUPERMAN: I said she was in the driver’s seat when the bomb went off.
POLICE DETECTIVE: Thank you for confirming. This will make a fine promotion, catching one of Intergang’s assassins red handed and with Superman as a witness. I’ll get right on the arrest warrant.

Landing in the alley by the courthouse, he changed back into his Clark clothes, incinerating the bloodied Suit with his heat vision.
BATMAN: Why I wear black rubber. Much easier to get blood off.

Clark tore his gaze away from the destroyed car to answer the paramedic. “I’m fine, really. It’s not my blood.”
I think we may have had a story before where kryptonite was embedded in the explosives.

“Yes. We’ll contact you if we have any more questions.”
Seven times out if ten, the mistress gets it by the wife. They’re so gonna interview her again.

ducking into the alley before remembering he didn’t have a Suit on.
Would have been embarrassing if he had flown around naked.

He grabbed a clean mug, popped a tea bag in, filled the cup with water, and stared at it. He wanted to shout in frustration and fear, his conflicted emotions starting to tear him apart.
That’s gonna end well…

He felt the mug crumble in his hands and left the shattered pottery in the sink.
See?

The doctor nodded and smiled. “You saved her life. Any longer and we wouldn’t have been able to save her. No matter what the outcome, your assistance gave her a chance.”
So it’s now up to the doctors to save Superman’s special friend. No pressure.

Leaving his tea unfinished, Clark headed to bed, hoping he could sleep without the images of Mayson’s limp body in his arms.

Hey, at least she’s still alive!

Onward to part 2 (in a bit…)

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.