Once again, guys, thank you all so much for this fantastic feedback! I'd like to apologise here - I had intended to post Part Four yesterday, but I was having some problems logging in frown

Anyhow, I just loved reading this thread. I mean, how could I not, with this;

the way the general descriptions suddenly focused in on just her thoughts is exactly the way I'm sure she was feeling in that moment: like the whole world suddenly shrank down to that one thing -- the gun.
how viscerally, dizzyingly effective your story is at making us see the world through Lois's eyes, making us try to interpret the world according to what Lois believes she knows about it, and making us feel, again and again, how the floor is just pulled away from under our feet, because Lois doesn't have the information she needs to understand her situation.
I'm just revelling in these analysis[es? 's? no idea <g>] smile The fact that people care enough to do big long chunks of stuff like that is a major compliment in itself, but then add that to the fact that you guys hit every single point I'd hoped to make *right* on the button... it really makes me feel like I'm telling the story I want to tell, and properly. So thank you for that - it's a great feeling goofy

Part Four up shortly smile

Sara jump

Death: Easy, Bill. You'll give yourself a heart attack and ruin my vacation.

Meet Joe Black