I enjoyed many fics this year. I was never a big AU fan, but this year I really enjoyed the AU's.

Anchor: Part 1 - Clark Kent by SuperBek
604 kB (114,782 words)
Story
Summary: A tragedy in another universe threatens all life on that universe’s Earth. Can Clark Kent AKA Superman save the world and set things back on the right path while finding a place for himself at the same time? An alternate universe story. Part 1 of 3.

The reason I enjoyed this is AU's with AltClark have been done before, but not like this. Suddenly instead of one AltClark there are two.

Federal Disaster by lovetvfan
497 kB (92,876 words)
Story
Summary: Lois and Clark are about to get married. Things have never been better. Except for one thing...Lois is terrified. All of her past intimate relationships have been, well...Federal Disasters. Before she can voice her fears to Clark, not one, but two of her past disasters come back to haunt her in ways she never could have expected. Throw in a threat against the President of the United States and it's just a typical day for Lois and Clark.

Enjoyed very much with the story being all about Lois and the men in her life.

I read a lot of long ones this year and those are what stuck to me. The short fics were great, but it's those long ones that I read for a few days and remember.