Sara, this is...wow. Wow. Amazing. Agonizingly heartwarming, WAFFily bittersweet. I have to tell you that this last chapter of your story took my breath away, again and again, it was that lovely.

So, Sara, am I a space buff? Do I absolutely love it when the starry sky and the cosmos are brought into a story to reflect Clark and Lois's love? Is the Pope Catholic?

And do I love your vulnerable alt-Clark? And do I love it when Lois is so gentle and loving and offers him exactly the kind of heartwarming love that I just want to rain over this man who so tugs at my heartstrings?

And do I love Clark and Lois's amazing bond? Do I love it when Lois puts her hand over Clark's heart and tells him,
I can feel your heart in mine. It's so strong. Pure.
And do I love it that we know that she really can feel his heart, and she really does know that it is amazingly strong and pure?

And do I love this?
"Thank you," he whispered, though he didn't need to say it. She knew. Even in her silence, he knew she knew. "This thing between us... I don't understand..." He could feel the warmth of her breath on his lips. The small space between them was charged with something incomprehensible. "It's so..."

He felt her fingertips graze his cheek and trail down to his lips. "I don't think we're supposed to understand... maybe we're just supposed to feel."

He managed to take a breath, and then her lips found his. Tender and searching, both of them trying to chase a deeper meaning. His hands threaded through her hair to pull her closer yet. He didn't need to doubt anymore that there was magic; it was happening right now.
The overwhelming tenderness, delicately flavoured with erotic love, and the unfathomable mystery of their absolutely magical bond - Sara, do I love it?

And speaking about tenderness and erotic love, wonderfully flavoured with ordinariness, do I love this?
She sat watching Clark wash the dishes after their early dinner. He'd insisted that she couldn't help, and she hadn't argued. Watching a movie, eating a homemade dinner, spending the day making love... such an ordinary day. And she loved it.
And... okay, I'm not quoting things in the right order, but do I love the melancholy sadness of the deserted Kent farm in the gentle night, and the tenderness and bond between Lois and Clark here?
"Smallville, Kansas... It's... this is where I grew up. My parents' farm.

Her "oh" was a quiet one, and she turned back to look at him.

The expression on her face stole his breath for the barest of moments. There, in the Kansas moonlight, he'd never seen anything so... heartwarming. He could feel...

Understanding. She understood what he was feeling. Maybe even why he'd brought her here.

He reached an arm out for her. "C'mere," he said softly.

The dirt crunched under the soles of her shoes as she made her way back to his side, and the songs of the crickets carried on the wind around them.

She stood close to him, leaning her head on his shoulder. It almost wasn't fair how comforting it felt. With his opposite arm he reached for the sky, asking her to look with him. "There... this is what I wanted to show you."

He let his arm drop slowly back to his side as he felt her shift her gaze to the heavens. "I know they probably looked better, brighter when we were flying, but..."

But what? The magic was better from down here? It was safer? More beautiful? How could he explain?

"There's just something..." Words failed him again.

But she was nodding, a gentle movement against his shoulder. "Magical. I can feel it."

"Yeah," he said on a sigh. He smiled broadly... and so did his heart. He'd been right.

His eyes fluttered shut for a moment, and he leaned to place a soft kiss on her temple. She'd changed the stars. No... *they* had changed the stars.
So, Sara, did I quote what felt like a third of this part here? But honestly, don't you know I really want to quote it all?

And the way it ends. Do you know that blue has always been my hands-down favorite color? Once I was out walking on a dark December evening, and as I passed a house, there was a red amaryllis in a window, and behind it, there was an intensely blue wall. Except that the wall didn't look like a wall to me, for some reason. It looked, instead, like a glimpse of some blue eternity, as if this flower was floating in front of a precipice of blue eternity. Wow. I almost lost my footing, seeing what looked like eternity floating before my eyes. Well, I get much the same feeling as I read the last paragraphs of this amazing story, the way you talk about the blue horizon and the idea of Lois and Clark flying away from the sun and into a blue eternity.

Sara, this is one of the most wonderful chapters of a story I have ever read. It's an amazing finale, an amazing wrapping up of a totally wonderful story. So... Ladies and gentlemen, Ms KSaraSara from the Lois and Clark Message Boards and "Away From The Sun". Make some noise.

Ann