Hi Toomi!

and a bit darker than something I usually write. **** The gloomy grey sky hung heavily, obscuring even the foothills of the eastern slopes
Ah, I can see why you’re warning us about this being darker.

Weeks of searching had taken their toll. Fast searches, desperately listening for her cries, anything he could use to pluck her from danger as he’d done so many times before.
Eep!

As the sun began to set behind the mountains he heard the cry again. Quiet. Almost whispered. She wasn’t screaming for help; she was barely raising her voice. She was close by, he was sure of it.
Is she cursing? About a fiddly lock?

He flew into the canyon the narrow, frigid river had carved, and after a few twists and turns, found her, hanging on desperately to the steep embankment, high above the icy rapids.
So, how did she get here? After all, this position must be relatively new.

One of her arms was wrapped securely around a tree root that hung over the cliff and if she wasn’t ready for him to move her, he could easily hurt her.
Oh, this takes me back to Tim Zahn’s Heir to the Empire, when they needed special training to remove/collect some tree lizards without killing them.

“Hold on, hold on,” she mumbled. “You’ve been telling me to hold on. Now let go?”
Teeping?

Regardless, he’d found her. That was all that mattered.
Well done scene! Now, about the rest of this story? grovel

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.