She was right; he hadn't realized how much he'd needed the sun until he he'd been deprived of it.
And I hadn't realized how much I needed this story until I was deprived of it, either, so it's great to have you back!!! thumbsup

But Lois doesn't understand why he's asking for sunlight. I don't remember, Sara, but is it true that Lois in you story doesn't know that Clark gets his powers from the Earth's yellow sun?

Anyway, she does his bidding. And I really like these two paragraphs:
Lois looked slightly puzzled for a moment, but then stood and headed towards the window anyway. "I guess I sorta miss the sun, too," she commented as she drew the blinds open to let in the early morning sun. "You don't even realize you miss it until you've been away from it too long."

The rays began to soak in. An inner warmth rushed through him, as if he'd stood too quickly. She was right; he hadn't realized how much he'd needed the sun until he'd been deprived of it.
Well, that's the second time I quoted that last sentence, but it fits your story so well, you know?

As for Elle, I can't care about her as much as I care about Lois and Clark, but I wish her well - and Pete, too! And really, things are looking up for him, just like they are looking up for Clark:
Agent Romero is still in surgery, but the doctors think he should be fine.
Good! thumbsup

And things are looking up for Elle, too. She's going to be questioned by Henderson. Well, if I had done something I was nervous about, I sure know which cop I'd like to question me - and his initials are B.H.!

Good! You are moving this towards a happy ending. Ah, Sara, you know what I think about happy endings, don't you? hyper
Ann