“Well, that is as disgusting as I was imagining,” Lois muttered, and Clark laughed, wiping his hands on the towel.

He lined the pipes back up and screwed the fasteners back on, and Lois let her gaze slide up his arms and back to his shoulders again.

She realized suddenly that he was saying her name and felt her cheeks warm. “What?”

“Where did you go?” he teased. “I said your name three times. Turn on the water, so I can make sure this is working.”

Where did she go indeed! wink

There were so many things they got wrong in their relationship, but this...this they had always gotten right. Not just the mechanics, but the emotions too. She never felt happier, more loved and cherished, more whole than when she was in his arms.

Sigh...
Come on people! Will somebody please step up and say the scary words? Tomorrow is not promised to anyone, be they investigative reporter or Superman....

Complicated indeed.... help

Hmmm, maybe I should just let the week go by without reading any new parts until Friday. That way I get three parts to read in a row. This one part at a time ain't working for me! How can these two mature people who love each other stay apart? Lois cannot imagine that Clark is going to wait for her to figure it out? No one is THAT patient. What does Martha have to say about all of this?

Last edited by Morgana; 11/07/21 07:55 PM.

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.