I know, I know, I’m late. But here, right? So hopefully that counts! I do want to say that I read each part as soon as you post it (often with the baby in my arms!) so bless you for posting early so that there is a part waiting when I check the boards!

I loved this part - giving us the background was going to be so pivotal to this story. What happened to them has to be believable to us as readers because if not, there goes the rest of the story, right? But I have to say, as gut-wrenching as it is, I can see this happening. Lois’s past was never far behind her and I can see her panicking when she thought her kids would get a repeat of what happened to her and Lucy.

Love the interactions with Jimmy and that Clark took over that mentor role for him. So sad that Perry and Jonathan have passed, but I can see how the loss of those relationships play into the background of this story, too. I’m curious what Lois’s relationship with Martha looks like now - what did Martha think of the whole divorce?

Great part, Annie! Off to part 3…

Tracey