Excellent chapter. I like what you're writing. Intriguing to see how Clark's body responds to the lamps and even the IV. Hope he is healing inside, too.

The rules and laws in fiction are often written to suit the story, not necessarily reflecting real life. I agree with Bakasi about concerns about confidentiality if this was real life. And not only about the doctor talking to Perry's friend, but also the press conference. Even confirming that Superman is a patient in the hospital should require his or his proxy's consent. Did they get informed consent from either Perry or Superman for either one? And did the people staging the press conference talk to security before hand? Their job may be much harder after confirming he's the high-profile patient. At the time the show first aired in the U.S., I think the rules varied by state. A high-profile patient or even a potential patient did have tight security, and those often included even acknowledging someone was a patient. I remember this from when Pope John Paul II visited Philadelphia, the designated hospital and staff were on alert, during his visit and thankfully were never needed. And I know of a couple of incidents elsewhere with celebrities visiting a family member also putting the hospitals in lockdown for information, even tighter than usual.

You're doing a great job with this story. clap

Last edited by cuidadora; 06/15/21 04:01 PM. Reason: typos

Cuidadora

"Honey, we didn't care if you were a Russian or a Martian... You were ours... and we weren't giving you to anybody." ~ Martha in Strange Visitor

"A love that risks nothing is worth nothing." ~ Jonathan in Big Girls Don't Fly