Originally Posted by Dandello
Sorry you're having to do the cleanup by hand. That sucks big time.

As an aside, as someone with a LOT of domains, the fact that your host wasn't offering a free or low cost virus scan just to protect themselves doesn't say positive things about them.

Tell me about it. We've been with HostMonster for almost 20 years and I would have thought THAT alone would have meant something. We went several rounds on Thursday and yesterday about it with the security support team. I strongly feel this came from their end and they should have been responsible. However, when dealing with low cost hosting they want to nickel and dime you for everything. I did threaten them to leave for HostGator but she got me there because the company also does security for them, too. *rolls eyes*.

That being said, because we've been with them almost 20 years, this is the first time something like this has happened so I feel stuck between a rock and a hard place because, while yes, we've had the occasional outage here and there, this is the first MAJOR issue I've had with them.

For those site I could, I already have a free firewall in place. It won't stop everything but it's better than having nothing at all. I do need to figure something out for the boards, though. I'll skim UBB to see if we can put something in place that doesn't cost us $300.

Thanks!

Annette wink
Boards Chief Administrator

www.kerthawards.com
www.lcficmbs.com
www.folcvideo.com
www.nfanfic.net
www.annesplace.net

"There is nothing wrong with America that cannot be cured by what is right with America." Bill Clinton, inaugural address, January 21, 1993