Hi,

Again I'd like to thank readers for continuing with this story even if it is a painful read.

For those who believe that the next generation of Kryptonian/Earthling's powers should kick in around the same time as Clark's, I do agree in part.

However, we were told that Clark started getting stronger when he was around thirteen, so Matt is past that age. I'm not sure, but flying might be the only other power where a starting age was mentioned. I believe Clark was eighteen when he first flew, though I think he might have floated before this age.

I could be wrong about this because I've been reading fanfiction for so long and the floating detail might have originated in stories.

I've gone with the premise that Matt has learned to fly earlier simply because he knew it was possible. Lois and his grandparents would have told him stories of his father, so he might have been encouraged to attempt to fly when he was younger. I hope you'll forgive my writer's prerogative in this. smile

Might I just add welcome to the MBs, MaraElaine, and thank you for sending your first fdk to The Forgotten. I apologise for your sleepless night! I hope I don't disappoint you with the rest of this story. I post a new chapter every Friday.

Once again, thanks to all who are taking time to comment on my story. I'm sorry it's more angst ridden than my normal fare, but it was an idea that formed in my mind and wouldn't go away.

Yours Jenni