When Bruce said that they were heading to Kansas, of course I thought that meant Smallville, and I started to wonder about the Kents. In the old Superboy comics, they moved into town when Clark was a kid and ran the general store. I was thinking that it would be cool if you had them running the general store since here they didn't have Clark to help them out on the farm.

I don't know whether you meant Jonathan's General Store and Martha's Closet to be references to the old comics, but I really like what you did with them in Clark's absence. I especially like that you played up Martha's art projects. One of the things I always liked about the Kents' characterizations on the show was that Martha, in particular, had hobbies and interests not related to being a farmer. She was a very well fleshed-out character. You built on that well and took them in a very believable direction.

"It is a remarkable dichotomy. In many ways, Clark is the most human of us all. Then...he shoots fire from the skies, and it is difficult not to think of him as a god. And how fortunate we all are that it does not occur to him." -Batman (in Superman/Batman #3 by Jeph Loeb)