I guess I thought I wasn't enjoying it because of expectations, and if I could get a different perspective on it then I could change those expectations and figure out what everyone likes about it. I mean, shows don't run for 10 years because no one likes them, right? But if it really is just a teen drama and its only goal is the next season and what can we throw in for the next big shocker, then there might not be anything there for me to really enjoy.

I love L&C because of the characters and how they learn and grow throughout the series. Building their partnership, friendship, trust, intimacy (not sex), learning from mistakes, growing past them. There's so much to relate to there. I loved the show before I found the fanfic, and all the fanfic has done is expand and reinforce all those concepts. It has taught me a lot about the show and characters that I didn't see on my own, and a lot about myself also. I was hoping to find the same kind of character development in Smallville, and after 7 seasons of not seeing it, I wanted to see if someone else could teach me what to look for.