Thanks for your answer, Lois_Lane_Fan, I'm going to think about your points for a while smile

I don't mind saying why I don't like it, I just didn't want the thread to turn into a slam Smallville thread, or people telling me all the reasons I'm wrong, or why everyone else is wrong. Of course, this is the L&C community, so that probably won't happen.

I guess I just don't really see the point of the show, to be honest. I mean when I started watching it, I thought the point was to follow Clark's journey as he grew up, found and mastered his powers, established and solidified his moral foundation and reasons for becoming Superman. But I'm just not seeing any of that at all, really. It's been seven seasons of him pining for Lana and whining about life and everyone in the show being screwed over by everyone else. It feels more like what Game of Thrones has been described to me (I haven't read or watched it either) where there are no real protagonists, just everyone being emo and selfish.

I don't like the characters. The only one I kinda like is Chloe, she's loyal, but gets screwed over and ignored by literally everyone, probably because she has no real place in the Superman cannon. Lana was ok until she started playing the power games out of self defense and then turned into this cold person. Jor-El is distant and never explains the reason behind him dictating to Clark, and then punishes Clark pretty horrifically when Clark doesn't do what he said to. Kara is is a snob, Pete was cool but he left, Lois sleeps with EVERYONE, and on and on. I actually feel sorry for Lex. Raised by Lionel to embody this perfect, manipulative businessman, but it seemed at the beginning he was fighting it and valued his friendship with Clark. But then he started not trusting Clark because of all the secrets, and was utterly betrayed by EVERYONE in his life, so I kinda feel that he was forced into becoming evil, even though he seemed to be fighting it during the first 5 seasons or so. And finally Clark. He just seems like he's drifting through life with no goals, no foundation, no plans for his life, bumping from one disaster to the next, abusing his friends, refusing responsibility...

I just really wanted a different perspective on the show, because so far it just seems pretty horrible to me. But I know myself, that I miss a lot of things that other people take for granted, so I thought I'd ask you all what you thought. (Deep breath, rant over)

Last edited by PuffyTiger; 07/28/18 08:22 PM.