clap Yay! You posted! I loved it!

The words were simple. Three words Clark Kent’s heart had been aching to hear from Lois Lane’s lips for nearly three years
Awwwwwwww. So sweet. Warms my heart right from the start.

She turned her chair toward the door and caught the annoyed expression on Clark’s face. He seemed to be holding back before his face relaxed and he retorted with an even, “I wasn’t planning on it.”
Haha, love that she can read his face so we'll, although he's probably not doing much to hide it.

Lois tightened her jaw staring back at the oblivious DEA Agent as she shook her head, “I have plans tonight,” she glanced back at Clark with a smile. “We have plans.”
Haha, yeah! Scram, Dan, you homewrecker you!

but he knew from experience just because he could cook a filet at super-speed didn’t mean he should.
lol smart boy.

She should be feeling so many emotions at this point but strangely she found herself unable to focus on anything other than the look of despair in Clark’s eyes this morning when he’d finally spoken up.
Love how vague you played it. We're used to seeing her mad about the revelation, so this is a nice change of pace. Plus the detail of the despair in his eyes is great. *Pats Clark on the head* There, there. She doesn't want the out, it'll be fine.

The memory of his heartbroken expression after his confession in the park so many months ago crept up to the forefront of her mind
So sad and sweet that that moment stays with her so strongly, that she still doesn't like thinking about it.

She took a bite of her potatoes and made a grimace. “Oh, I guess I let it sit too long.” She pushed the plate toward him, “Would you mind giving this a quick warmup with your thingamajig?”
laugh rotflol Her timing is impeccable. Beat him to the punch, right when he was about to spill all.

"Oh, don’t give me that look, Clark,” Lois gave him a knowing smile, “Did you really think I wouldn’t figure it out?”

clap perfect! I loved it! The ending leaving off here leaves it so light and funny. Great job!

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain