Hi Mary!

Let’s see, I think I can still remember something. This is the one with the amnesia, isn’t it?
He stared into the large mirror that ran along the wall of the interrogation room. A stranger stared back at him.
Given the whole mirrorverse situation they have got going on, this could also have been simply a window with a stranger staring back at him.

Who else had he forgotten?
Mayson?
MICHEL: Who?

accompanied by an inspector and a very lovely brunette. The brunette stepped towards him and gave what she probably thought was a reassuring smile. “Hi, Clark. I'm Lois Lane, your partner.”

His eyebrows rose.
Yep, he’s the French copy.

“...At the Planet,” she clarified. “We're reporters.”

Oh.
laugh

“Physically all right, I suppose, but...he feels so lost and confused.”
He? Good one!

Ms Lane blinked at him. “He? Who's 'he'?”
‘Clark’.
LOIS: You’re Clark.
MICHAEL: *blinks*

“I know, I know.” Ms Lane sighed. “Patience, understanding, and all that stuff. I guess I can manage having a partner who talks about himself in the third person.”
Lois and patience, understanding, and all that stuff? rotflol

“NO!” Rene's face turned redder than the woman's hair. “It's a friend of *yours* actually! That man from your work...Dr. Renaud? Someone found him in the mountains, confused from hypothermia!”
Huh. I did not see that one coming.

The woman shot Rene a glare before turning her attention back to him. “Michel, how are you feeling?”

He thought about it. “I don't know...okay, I guess? He feels lost...”

She raised an eyebrow at him. “He?”

“See what I mean?” Rene said. “Totally confused.”
I’m wondering, now that they have been factory-reset, they might subconsciously accessing the respective other’s mental state when queried by name. So, if they were to be spoken to with their correct names, they will probably answer in the first person, instead.

“I'm Susanne Soileau.” She paused. “*Dr.* Susanne Soileau. We work together.”
So, what I really don’t remember is, how did she end up in the Alps?

Susanne's eyes widened. “An injury...” she whispered. She turned to Rene, a too-large grin suddenly plastered onto her face. “Er, I think it would be best if I simply took him home.”
/scratches head/ does she know he’s super or is she just trying to take advantage of the poor helpless male?

The usual musings about good parts in small does apply.

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.