I've had more time to think about it now, and how The Flash was written was downright insulting. I have family on the spectrum, he was definitely supposed to be too and it was played for cheap laughs.

When he was just Barry, talking to his father there were still traces of it, sure, but at least he seemed like an actual person who was influenced by it but it didn't define him. When interacting with the other superheroes? Then he's just Awkward Autism Guy™.

Choppy plot seems to be the thing in the DC movie universe, at least if the movie in question was directed by Zack Snyder. I wish it could have been explained by him leaving and Joss Whedon taking over in this case, but it wasn't better in Batman vs. Superman and even Man of Steel didn't truly hold together.

Batman/Bruce was OK, he at least felt like a real person, even if he got those moments where you could tell "here is where he passes the torch because the plot tells him to". In Batman vs. Superman he only really acted in on way or another because the plot told him to, so that's an improvement.