wave

“Who’s been telling you …?” Sam Lane stopped speaking when he saw his daughter slip out from behind his brother’s back. His face darkened in anger as he growled her name. “Lois.”

This is great. The tally of bad guys who have had their comeuppance in this exact way at the hands of Lois Lane is immeasurable. Such a great way to wrap her experiences with her father as well.

“Oh, we’re not just any paper, sir,” the cameraman piped up. “I’m from the Daily Planet.
You probably haven't heard of them.

Clark inspired her. He’d been able to accomplish so much on his own, retaining his good and gentle nature while he experienced one disappointment after another in the foster care system. He’d made it, somehow, and if he could do it, then so could she. If he could escape the natural laws of the universe, then surely Lois Lane could escape her imprisonment.

Aww. Waffy even in the darkest of moments. So glad you included this bit of reflection; it helps underscore Lois' relationship with Clark. They always push each other to do better.

She didn’t notice the figure staring at their departing backs from the shadows of the gatehouse.
Uh-oh. peep

but the reporters present hadn’t understood his hesitation outside the bank. Lois had. He had tried to hide it, but the camera had caught his expression when’d he’d landed a little harder than usual. The thieves had had kryptonite.
Points to Lois for being able to pick up on Clark's reaction to kryptonite even! Very astute. Also, I like that you don't have Clark petulantly defending his actions here. Even though everyone saw the rescue and is talking bad about him, he's not shouting there-was-kryptonite in everyone's faces, even though it's a perfectly legitimate excuse. Poor noble Clark just internalizes it all.

Suddenly, he felt the warmth of an embrace wrap around him and he took a shuddering breath. He closed his eyes tightly and let the familiar feelings of support flow through him, unconditional acceptance stealing over him and filling him with love and reassurance. Although his parents had been gone for twenty years, it seemed like they still managed to comfort him in times of need. His father’s strength and his mother’s consoling words had been with him through every challenge.
Oh. mecry So poor orphan Clark has been thinking he was receiving these thoughts of encouragement from his parents all these years? Poor Clark.

That wasn’t his mother’s voice. That was Lois!
Haha! laugh

You can read people’s minds…> Clark suddenly felt violated.

Uhm, pot, meet kettle. Mr-x-ray-vision over here. wallbash

As for you, I first started playing with my ‘imaginary’ friend, Clark, when I was four years old.>

<Imaginary friend…I had an imaginary friend when I was little. A little girl…Lolo?>

<Lolo was what Lucy called me when she was little.>
Awww! He had an imaginary friend named Lolo? AWWWWWWWWW the feels! sloppy

He’d been missing this Lois, *his* Lois, and he hadn’t even known it.
clap Finally it clicks!

Or we could explore just how much fun we could have combining telepathy and superpowers

Yes please! angel-devil

Great chapter! I loved the silent exchange between Lois and Clark. This was a perfect way to reveal Lois' powers to him as well. Excited to see where the next chapter goes!

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain