Late! But better late than never, right?

“I did. I left him unconscious on the hill behind some bushes and drove back to base. There will be no sex – or walking for that matter – for Staff Sergeant Browning tonight.”
Go Lois! And also, you know, yeesh, not a good night, but I'm glad she stood up for herself.

If there were any way to undo the past twelve hours, she would do it in a Metropolis minute.
laugh haha, love that

“Mmm, mmmh,” Star had whispered in her ear, “Now those biceps puts Staff Sgt. Trevor L. Browning’s to wimpy shame!”

lol Star! Saying what everyone's been thinking, of course. drool

Lois’s cheeks had still been burning brightly when Clark had approached her desk and cleared his throat.
Clark's such a party pooper.

Lois’s eyes widened at his casual mention of flying to Europe and wished for the thousandth time today that things were different between them
Haha, yeah, that's a definite difference between Clark and Alt-Clark. Clark does get used to talking about Superman with Lois more in canon, but even then uses vague gestures and such for flying. Alt-Clark being more free/casual with regards to his abilities is a refreshing and very true-to-form change.

The other Lois held a piece of his soul and he still doubted that he would ever recover from its loss. This Lois was truly an amazing person – he could see that already. She’d been honest about her motives, her actions, and had hinted at feelings that he couldn’t return. She deserved the same honesty from him.

“I fell in love with her.”

“I know,” she said.

“I will probably always love her.” He saw tears spring to her eyes and felt a pang of guilt.

“I know that, too.”
mecry Can't these two crazy kids get it together... on second thought, no, this pacing is great.

Clark reached down and slid his file folder across the coffee table to her. “This file is my investigation of you. Why don’t you look through it while I get us some coffee, then we can start filling in the blanks with those little details you mentioned. Then we can really get to know one another.”
Ooh, a cliffhanger! What did he figure out about Lois? Does he, you know, know? I don't know, but I'm excited for another part already! jump

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain